Installation Instructions for the ProSchool v3.0.9 Update
This update is for version 3.0 of ProSchool only!!! Do not download this
version unless you have already purchased 3.0 or have already upgraded from 2.x.
Installing this update into a ProSchool version 2.x system will cause ProSchool
to no longer function properly.
As with any update for any software, it is
always a good idea to make a backup of your system before installing any
updates. This is just a precautionary measure.
Begin by making sure that you really need to download this
update. To check which version you currently have, do the following:
- Run ProSchool.
- Click the Help menu and choose About.
- Check the version displayed below the ProSchool logo.
If it says "3.0", "3.0.1", "3.0.2", "3.0.3",
"3.0.4", "3.0.5", "3.0.6", "3.0.7"
then you should download this update. If it says anything
else, then you should not download this update.
To download and install the update, do the following:
- Click on the ProSchool309Update.exe filename to start the download.
- You will be prompted to either Save the file or Run the
file. Choose to Save the file on your Desktop.
- Be sure ProSchool is NOT running before going on to the
- On your Desktop, run the program called
- The Welcome screen of the installer will appear.
Click Next to continue.
- You will then be prompted for the location to install the
update. Enter the folder where ProSchool was installed. The default is
C:\ProSchol. Click the Next button to continue.
- You will then be shown summary of where the installation
will be performed. Click Install to begin the update.
- After all the files are installed, the ProSchool Database
Initializer utility will be started. This utility will perform database
initialization and upgrade any database structures.
- When the database initializer is finished, click OK
and then click Finish to complete the update.
Note for users running ProSchool on a
You only need to install this update on the
computer functioning as the "server".